I think we can all agree that
Having a pet dog can be one of the most rewarding experiences that one could have. And as such, you ‘d want to provide your pet with a good and nurturing lifestyle; the likes of which they would not find in the wild.
For example, if your dog has come down with intestinal problems, as a responsible pet owner you would be able to provide it with dog food that’s appropriate for and would settle its sensitive stomach. Being able to help an otherwise helpless creature is one of the great joys of pet keeping. Here’s a guide on how to treat a dog with a sensitive stomach at the end of the conclusion.
That being said, it’s important to note that one of the biggest issues that dogs are plagued by are gastrointestinal problems. These can be caused by a multitude of factors that I will discuss later but one thing that you should be acutely aware of is the fact that many kinds of stomach issues are bound to drive your dog into a lethargic state because of all the dehydration.
And that is why as your dog food advisor, I have compiled a list of the best dog food for sensitive stomach and skin.
Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach and Skin
Here’s our list for the best that you can get right now:
|Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach and Skin||Rating||Price|
|IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Minichunks||10/10||
|IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult||10/10||
|NUTRO Natural Crunchy Dog Treats||10/10||
|Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food||9/10||
|Purina Pro Plan with Probiotics Shredded Blend||10/10 (Editor's Choice)||
|Purina ONE SmartBlend Natural Sensitive Systems||8/10||
|Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets||8.5/10||
|Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition||9/10||
Why we love it:
- Packed with real chicken
- Promotes skin health
- Backed by experts for its premium balanced ingredients
|Helps prevent disease by boosting overall immunity||Dogs may not be fond of the taste|
Why do we recommend this?
Why we love it:
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Contains premium real lamb
- Specifically designed for older dogs
|Helps alleviate digestive issues||Dogs might not like it initially|
Same brand again?
- High quality protein
- Just 5 calories per treat
- Fit for both small and large breeds
|Small but satisfactory||Delicate (gets crushed easily)|
Looking for the best dog treats for dogs with sensitive stomachs?
- Promotes skin health
- Supports a balanced gut microbiome
- Contains vitamins
|Quickly alleviates dietary issues||Average Flavour|
- Boosts immune system
- Catalyses digestion
- Does not compromise on nutrition
|Aids upright riding position||Front brake sometimes faulty|
|Can withstand heavy weight easily|
Why this is our pick:
- Protein-rich crunchy kibble for a taste dogs love
- Antioxidant blend to help support a strong immune system
- Natural sources of glucosamine help to support joint health
|Helps with weight gain||No variety in flavours|
|Helps regulate bowel movements|
- Lamb Meal provides essential amino acids that help maintain strong muscle
- Single animal protein source and limited ingredient diet
- Brown rice contains fiber to help support healthy digestion
|Reduces Itching||Kibbles can be too big|
|Improves Skin Texture|
Limited Ingredients Diet
- Supports natural defenses for immune support with a blend of antioxidants and prebiotics
- Maintains healthy skin and coat health with optimal levels of EPA and DHA
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
|Light ingredients||Not appropriate for dogs with acid reflux|
|Dogs enjoy taste|
Down to a science!
Hey, I’ve been experimenting with tech, pets & fashion products for more than 10 years now and I must say. It’s a pretty wild ride. Through my experiments, I have managed to become an expert in the art of reviewing different products and rating them & now, I want to share with the world what I have learnt. Possibly saving you a lot of time too!